The Italian tradition of sidewalk chalk drawing comes to Santa Barbara each Memorial Day weekend. Artists show their talent on the blacktop pavement in front of Mission Santa Barbara. The art they could create with chalk is breathtaking. It was amazing how some of the art looked like it could jump right out at you. It was such a fun festival, with music, Italian food and sodas, and good relaxation. Our girls were truly stunned by what could be done with sidewalk chalk.
wow, that second picture you posted is interesting...the baby grabbing himself...but other than that, very cool and talented people. I used to feel proud of my stick figure drawings I would draw for my kids outside, but I guess I should take some notes. :)
totally cool. And tom did not make up his score...he wanted me to tell you that. He is a rule stickler. Its really quite annoying, but at least I know he doesn't cheat!
5 comments:
wow, that second picture you posted is interesting...the baby grabbing himself...but other than that, very cool and talented people. I used to feel proud of my stick figure drawings I would draw for my kids outside, but I guess I should take some notes. :)
Wow, that's so cool. I had no idea. We won't miss it next year!
Melissa,
I didn't even notice the baby was doing that!!! Interesting.
They have one of these in Utah too! It's in a couple of weeks and I totally want to go. Amazing!
totally cool. And tom did not make up his score...he wanted me to tell you that. He is a rule stickler. Its really quite annoying, but at least I know he doesn't cheat!
Post a Comment