Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

I was so excited for this holiday because it meant one extra day we could spend together as a family. Things have been so crazy around here because of a HUGE plumbing problem we have been having. We noticed large cracks forming around our fireplace and front door and our kitchen floor has been bubbling and settling. We haven't been able to open our front door because of this. After investigation we were notified that we had an active hot water pipe spraying under our kitchen floor causing our house to settle. I have had plumbers here everyday for about a week and next construction will begin to replace the front door and all the wood and linoleum in the kitchen. To top everything off our baby could be here in about two weeks because of her large size. I think I am going to see if we can wait as long as possible to have her. Who wants to bring a newborn home in the middle of construction???
So, after all this drama lately, I was super excited to get away for the day with my family and go swimming at my brother's pool, have a BBQ, and enjoy the fireworks!!! The girls had a blast as usual and the fireworks show was unbelievable.

3 comments:

Addy said...

I've never heard of fireworks for labor day, but they look spectacular. I am so sorry about your plumbing problem, it sounds like a major pain. Good luck with the last few weeks of pregnancy!

Holbrook Girls said...

Hey Addy,
We had fireworks for Labor Day because the Fourth of July fireworks were cancelled due to the fire we had at the time. Hope you guys are doing well!!!

Ange said...

Hang in there cute girl- What a fiasco! Your girls have grown up so beautifully. We are sending good thoughts your way pending an early delivery. I am looking forward to seeing your new baby girl. Best wishes