Monday, March 10, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!

We had a small family party for my mom's 72nd birthday which was on March 1st. I truly have the most amazing mother. She grew up as an only child so to make up for that she had nine children of her own. My twin brother and I are the youngest of those nine children. I loved growing up with tons of older brothers and sisters and always thought I too would have a lot of children, but now that I have two of my own, I don't think I will be having so many!!! My mom has this wonderful way about her where she makes all nine of us feel like we are #1 in her book. She has had many trials in her life. Being sick for so many years until finally having a heart transplant and having two of her kids pass on before her are just a couple. She has always been able to persevere over her trials and change it into a growing experience. My mom has always had such a strong testimony and has stayed faithful her entire life. What an example she is to me and I know that if I can parent my children half as good as she did, I'm doing pretty dang good! Thanks for all you do mom! Not only are you my mom, but a best friend too!!!
Some of the cousins cuddled together the night of my mom's birthday party! My girls are in the matching pink pajamas in case you didn't know!!!
My Dad, Mom, and joe

No comments: