Monday, February 4, 2008

YEARLY CHECK-UPS!

Madison and Ashley had their yearly check-ups today at the pediatrician's office. They actually did really well. Last year when I took them to their check-ups they were both really sick so they couldn't have any immunizations. So this year they had to catch up and needless to say Madison had five shots and Ashley had two shots. Madison just sat there without crying or moving during all five shots. We couldn't believe it. Once we got in the car her arms were pretty sore and she wasn't very happy about that. Ashley had to sit there and watch Madison receive all five shots, so she wasn't to excited to have hers next. I wish I had brought my camera with me to the appointment so you could see the cute "children's hospital gowns" the girls got to pick out and wear. They tested the girls eyes and ears and plotted their height and weight. As usual, both of their heights are way off the charts. Ashley decided that she didn't like to have one of her eyes covered during the eye exam so I have to go back and do the eye exam again next month. I wish the nurse would have at least tried one more time or let me help because going back is just a huge pain. I just love our pediatrician! He is so thorough and amazing with the girls!

4 comments:

Jules Holbrook said...

Geri, I'm so sorry you had to endure shots. I hate that more than anything. Mason hasn't had his 18-month shots yet and he's almost 2. Don't worry. Caleb knows who Madison and Ashley are. In fact, he's stolen all their stuff from Susan's house: the Cinderella sippy cup, the princess pop-up book, etc. He helped wrap their Christmas presents with Susan and he still talks about all their stuff!

Anonymous said...

wow! I can't believe that Madison was that calm!! It's been so long since Elena had shots, she goes in next week for her checkup and we'll see how it goes... way to go Holbrook girls!

Anonymous said...

I am tagging you! The only way you get out of this is if you have already done it! Check out my blog.

Racheal said...

Oooo...I hate doing the shot thing!Your poor girls, what troopers!