Thursday, January 7, 2010

Birthdays and Christmas

The month of December is absolutely crazy around here. There are so many birthdays in my family to celebrate and Christmas to get ready for. But, it is so much fun and I love every minute of it. In fact, I really wish Christmas Day would actually never come around because the preparations, the decorating, the Christmas lights, the excitement on my girls' faces, etc, that leads up to Christmas is magical. I never want it to end!!!

This year for Madison's birthday (December 15th, seven years old) she chose to go to Disneyland. Well, that was easy on us parents since we have annual passes. We planned to go the Saturday before her birthday and it was POURING rain. We spent the day wearing ponchos, but it wasn't crowded. It was pretty awesome to walk on every ride. To make it extra special we got reservations at "Ariel's Grotto" and got to eat with all the princesses. It was so cute how all the Princesses stop by your table, chit chat with the girls and sign autographs. My girls were in complete shock!!!

Christmas was filled with tons of family, food, and fun! What better F's can you ask for! :)
We spent the morning at our home. I made an awesome breakfast with hot chocolate of course! My parents came over and opened their presents with us too and later ALL the family got together at my brother Steve's house. I love my family so much and I am so grateful for parents who have been so faithful in the gospel and been such an example to me and Joe. I thank my lucky stars everyday to be a part of such an awesome family and I hope my girls will look back on their childhood with such love and excitement as I do!
My parents with Tori! Tori sat on this toy and played with it the whole day!
This isn't the best picture of my girls, but I want to make sure I always capture my girls with their grandparents.

The girls were in the Christmas pageant that our Primary put on at our church!
Madison's birthday, December 15th. She turned the big SEVEN. It is hard for me to believe that she is seven years old already and will be baptized next year. Where has the time gone?

This was taken during the Princess dinner at Ariel's Grotto. Too many pictures were taken so I will spare you all and only post one of them with Princess Aurora!
Like I said before, it was pouring rain that day and we all wore ponchos. We still had tons of fun!


2 comments:

Jeannie said...

Happy Birthday to Madison! Love that one of her by the tree. I can't believe you guys braved Disneyland in the rain! Good to know you can still have a great time under such conditions. Miss you guys!

Katie said...

How CUTE is Madison in that hat??