Wednesday, August 26, 2009

First day of 1st Grade and Disneyland

We took a quick vacation down to Disneyland this past weekend! We wanted to have one trip before school started. We stayed at a FABULOUS hotel that was recommended to me by sister n law Angie. It was a 2 bedroom/2 bath with a full kitchen and dining area and family room. It was absolutely perfect. We could put the kids down and still be able to keep the lights on and watch tv! If anyone ever takes a trip to Disneyland and wants info on this Residence Inn let me know. Super affordable and very nice!

During this trip we discovered that Madison and Ashley LOVE the big roller coasters. They went on everything that Joe and I could go on. I'm talking the super fast Space Mountain, Indiana Jones, California Screamin, Tower of Terror, to name a few! Joe and I would take turns staying with Tori and then "Baby Swap" or "Rider Switch" and then the girls got to go on all the rides twice! When you ask for a baby swap pass you can go to the front of the line. So awesome!

Today Madison started First Grade! She was so excited to start school again and loves that she can just walk across the street and be at her school.

This was taken in our driveway! You can see Madison's school in the foggy background!
I was so happy Joe could arrange his schedule so he could be there on Madison's first day of school! He missed her first day of Kindergarten and he has regretted it ever since!
I love that my husband is one sensitive guy when it comes to his little girls. They are growing up way too fast for him!
Madison and Ashley on the Matterhorn.
Tori loved riding on the carousel!

I love, love, love dressing my girls in the same outfits. It definitely helps that Tori can wear a 2t. That makes finding matching outfits easy!

4 comments:

Flem said...

I miss you guys! I have to actually stay on top of reading your blog these days. Very cute pic of emotional daddy.

And roller coasters??? What age does that start? I better get my kids down there before I am too old.

Christianne said...

So fun! Todd is going to be just like Joe when we start having kids and they grow up. They are super emotional guys, but I love it! We can't wait to come and see you next weekend! Love you guys.

Katie said...

Can't believe your girls go on California Screamin! Love it!

My favorite pic is Joe emotional over his girls growing up too fast. Jack cried too when we sent Jolie off. Ah, daddys and their daughters...

Bethany said...

I'm already gearing up to shed some tears when Evan starts the 1st grade. I can't imagine being without him all day. Those girls are just beautiful and that Tori is growing so fast. What a sweet daddy!