We just got home from one of the best vacations ever! This was the first Christmas, in a VERY long time, when all the Holbrook Boys could be together. Due to missions, which all five boys served, getting together just never happened. So you can imagine the joy and fun we all had being under one roof on Christmas morning!
Because I posted my pictures backwards, you can see our week starting with the visit to the cemetary to see Joe's Dad and my Grandpa! Due to the snow we weren't sure where exactly Joe's Dad was buried and it had been several years since we had been there. The snow was about 8 inches deep and nothing had been plowed. Joe walked back and forth for about 20 minutes trying to figure out where to start digging first. I kept trying to tell him that he didn't have to find the grave and that just being there was what really counted. Finding the right place was like finding a needle in a haystack. After much deliberation Joe started to dig and miraculously the first place he tried was the right marker. Can you believe that? Talk about being led by the spirit. It was such a neat experience!


Joe's Dad's family all lives in Utah. Aunt Tracy invited everyone to her home for an amazing dinner. It was so fun to see everyone and get all the cousins together to play. Below is a picture of Joe's Grandma, his mom, and Aunt Lexie. Just beautiful women.

We were able to meet up with Emily Winslow and her cute daughter Elena for lunch and take a picture of the girls. It was just like old times!!!

We found out while in Utah that Ashley is allergic to cats. The first night we were in Utah Ashley had an allergic reaction and couldn't stop itching her eyes. We took her to urgent care to get some type of drops that would take the swelling down. I am so glad we did so that we had the drops for later in the week when she got even worse.

My girls had never seen the snow before. You can imagine how excited they were to get all dressed in their snow gear and go outside, everyday I might add, to throw snow balls, and play!
My girls are with their cousins Caleb and Mason who are Ryan and Julie's adorable boys. Madsion and Ashley just love their cousins and miss them dearly.

This is the amount of snow that we woke up to on Christmas morning. I have a much better appreciation for everyone who lives in the snow. It takes forever to shovel your car out before you can go anywhere.

Christmas Eve Joe's mom gave everyone matching jammies.

We are also thrilled to have Joe's Unlce Kurt and his wife Lexie, and their son Hayden over on Christmas Eve.

Tori was there too!
4 comments:
What a special experience for Joe. So glad you guys had such a great time. But poor, little Ashley! Such a terrible thing to deal with over Christmas.
oh, had I known you were in Utah for christmas, I would have loved to have seen you and Emily. John and I made a last minute spur of the moment trip to utah for Christmas. Your girls just get more beautiful everytime I check your blog. Maybe if John gets stationed in San Diego, we can make plans to get together this year. Take care!
Tori is so big and cute! It feels like I just left Goleta, but that doesn't make sence! We live in Salt Lake City now, its way too cold for me! I wish we could have seen you guys! We will have to come visit soon, I'm too cold.
It was so great to see you guys! I'm glad Ashley managed to tough it out because it was so much fun having you over. Thanks for coming.
Post a Comment