This picture of our home was taken around 5 p.m. on Thursday, July 3rd! Within hours the smoke that loomed over head quickly turned into an "ash blizzard" and you could barely see the homes across the street due to the heavy smoke, ash, and power outage. It felt like a scene from a movie! We had three straight nights without power in 80-90 degree weather. Let me tell you how miserable that is especially when you are pregnant!
These two pictures of the flames were taken from our driveway!
We didn't let the fire ruin our Fourth of July though! We headed to my brother's pool and enjoyed the holiday smoke and ash free followed by an amazing BBQ and fireworks!I am extremely grateful for our ward having harped on having your 3 month food supply ready! Because of this we didn't worry about our food in the fridge spoiling and all of our emergency supplies like: flashlights, batteries, candles, etc were handy and very accessible!
12 comments:
Those are some scary pictures! I can't believe you are so close to that, I am glad to hear you are prepared.
Whoa! I am so glad you didn't have to evacuate, etc. The pics WERE scary - and no pregnant woman should be without A/C in the summer!
These pictures are scary! What a week!!
Craziness!! Glad it's moved away from your house! I can't believe you had no electricity for so long!!! Aaargh....I would have been sweatin' like a dog!
What!?! That is so scary. I am glad to hear you guys are okay. Way to be prepared!
That is so crazy, Geri. I hope they get the fire contained and then have a good, long rainstorm to clear the ash. I'm glad you guys are OK. I was especially worried about the XBox 360. Phew!
WOW Geri. That is really crazy. Whenever we try to decide if we'd rather live in northern or southern California our conversation always turns to earthquakes vs. fires. Both are so scary!
Holy Cow! And I thought the smoke was bad here in Modesto!
Looks like a scene out of a movie! I'm glad that it didn't get any closer (or burn your house down and wedding pictures- although I'm SURE Joe would have remembered:) I hope things are looking better and that you are now enjoying electricity again. I'm glad you were able to get away for the fourth, looks like it was fun!
Unbelievable! That is like a scene from a movie! I can imagine the misery of no power and pregnant - ugh! I did laugh that Joe was not overly concerned about your wedding photo's!
Geri! Wow - I'm glad you guys are ok and didn't have to evacuate. Scary stuff! Way to go on having your food/emergency supply ready!
I'm way behind but I'm glad you guys were okay. Charles would have definitely packed the electronic stuff over the wedding pictures. He probably wouldn't even pretend that he was going to grab them on the way out.
Post a Comment