When she was a Senior in High school she experienced her first seizure which led to the discovery of an Astrocytoma (brain tumor, one of the worst cancers to have) located on the left side of her brain. The doctors thought the tumor had probably been there, slowly growing, her entire life. This explained so many things. Why she had so many problems with speech, balance, comprehension, etc!!! She spent the next 14 years undergoing radiation, chemotherapy, and the surgical removal twice. Even up to the very end (died September 8th, 2006) she was always in such positive spirits.
While we lived in San Francisco during Joe's dental school (2003-2006) we would travel home often on weekends. I am so glad we lived close enough so we could visit and so that my girls could get to know their Aunt Jackie. Madison still talks about her and how she now lives in heaven. I was always worried that she would pass away while we lived elsewhere. Luckily she held on until we moved back the summer of 2006 and we were able to visit with her daily for two short months.
I miss her terribly, but I know she is in such a better place now and free from all her pain and ailments. My third little girl is named after my sister, her full name is Tori Jacqueline!!! Love you Sis and Happy Birthday!!!
2 comments:
I got teary eyed reading that. Happy Birthday Jackie. She was truly an amazing woman and I felt blessed to know her.
Your family is so amazing, Geri.
Post a Comment