Monday, November 3, 2008

Tori Pictures and Blessing!






This past Sunday, Noveber 2nd, we blessed Tori Jacqueline. It meant a lot to have so much family come in to town to help us celebrate this very important event. Tori slept all through the blessing and sacrament, but when it came time to take pictures she lost it and cried through most of them.

I forgot to mention one funny thing that happened while I was in the hospital. When I got into my post-op room after having Tori, I was getting ready to call it a night when I reached out to answer the telephone and my IV popped out. Blood literally started squirting everywhere. I mean everywhere!!! I was holding Tori at the time and she was absolutely covered in my blood. I called for the nurse and told her my IV had come out. When she walked in she started to freak out because of all the blood. She couldn't believe that I wasn't freaking out also. Because I give injections and see blood all the time with my job this did not bother me at all. I was more annoyed that I had to have all my sheets changed and poor Tori needed to be cleaned up before I could get some sleep. The nurse covered Tori up completely before she left my room to change her so that people in the hallways wouldn't see all the blood that covered her. I should have taken a picture, j/k!!!



Joe's mom was able to fly out for the blessing! It was so fun to have her here!




10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such cute pictures! Congrats baby Tori, you are so lucky to have such wonderful parents and sisters. I love the story about the IV, that's hillarious. What's the big deal, there's just blood everywhere?!!

Jeannie said...

What a little angel. She was so quiet during her blessing, too. Beautiful pictures! I love the one where Madison is holding Tori and her eyes are closed. Your IV story is crazy. How funny that the nurse was freaking out! Way to show her how to take it like a woman! ;)

Racheal said...

AHHHH!!!She is sooooooooooo cute!!!
Seriously you make the cutest girls!

Tracy said...

That is so awesome. Your girls are SOOO cute. Love your family.

Cathie said...

She is gorgeous. I think I may have freaked out from the blood!

Mandy Eames said...

She is an absolute doll Geri, and your other girls are so beautiful, you guys are going to have your hands full keeping the boys away!
I've been wondering if you guys are okay with the fires and everything, you would tell us right? I hope so, after the picture you posted of the fire a while back. Crazy!
Have fun with that baby, they grow too fast!

Anonymous said...

Hey,
That is crazy. To bad we dont live closer together. The whole clan of girls could hang out

Juliana said...

She is adorable! And your girls are allo looking so beautiful and grown-up! Funny story by the way!

Liz said...

Geri,

Congrats on your beautiful girls! It has been years since I've seen you, and you only had Madison then. Look at you now! I came across your blog through someone else's, so I thought I'd pop in to say hello! We live in CT now, about an hour north of NYC..which is glamorous and all, but we still miss SB. Maybe someday we will end up back there. I was so sorry to hear about your sister, I had no idea that she had passed away. How are your parents doing? I think it is great you and Joe are back in SB. Take care!

Liz Brown

Addy said...

Geri: I know it is soo busy with a new baby, but I'm ready for more Tori pics!